Saturday, April 20, 2013

Difficulty and Disruption

During my last WISE class, we listened to an audio recording of an essay by Brian Grazer. In his essay, he wrote about how he likes to make things difficult on himself, to push himself outside of his comfort zone in order to keep growing and developing and discovering new things about himself. His discomfort, he believes, is what he needs to stay alive as he ages. 

There are many different facets of this idea. For example, in the physical aspect I do think that making things difficult is a good idea as long as it is within reason. But for as far as being put into uncomfortable situations unnecessarily is concerned, I do not think it is a good or reasonable idea. Most of the time when something inconvenient happened in my project, I worked through it, but I ended up losing valuable time. These disruptions, for the most part, are not caused by other people, but lack of care or an oversight on my part.

No comments:

Post a Comment