Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Spring Crunch

At the beginning of my senior year, I had so many ideas for what my WISE project could be. From parkour, to calligraphy, I always was thinking about what I wanted to do, what skills I could learn and I never really gave much thought into how much time I would actually have to commit to my project. Within the next couple of weeks I will have two finals and two AP's and consequently my workload from school has drastically increased making it more strenuous to do any sort of time-intensive work aside from my studies and physical training.

I have been reading Kaicho Nakamura's books and one of his lectures is about focus. The lecture basically stated that in order to do the best work that you can possibly can, you have to focus solely on what you intend to do. For example, when students are not distracted by social networking sites or videos they are much more productive and their work is of much better quality. By focusing this intently, students also finish their work much sooner than they would have otherwise. If I apply this to my studies, with any luck I will be able to do more work for my project as well as have more time to relax. 

No comments:

Post a Comment