Saturday, April 27, 2013

Stuck

Admittedly, I have been in a rut of sorts when it comes to my project. I barely have the time or energy to train and do the research like I had originally planned, but I have been reading more of Kaicho Nakamura's lectures hoping to find an answer to my problem. I recently read one of his lectures, Yukizumari (Getting Stuck).

Kaicho specifically describes how everyone eventually gets stuck. He specifically mentions how people often tire of practicing the basics over and over and over again, and they eventually start considering changing their martial art thinking that that would make them much more engaged and enthusiastic. Recently I have caught myself wondering whether or not I chose the right type of project for me. It's a "little" too late for me to change everything so I do not really have the option, but it's rather demotivating nonetheless. But basically Kaicho describes that we have to "break through the barrier" and  after we do that, we will eventually enjoy what we do. He also mentions that at times we do need to step back and do something else to approach our problems. Specifically for my project, I will start heavily incorporating meditation and philosophy in my training to rekindle my enthusiasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment