Sunday, May 26, 2013

Balance

The journey through my WISE project has been full of extremes. In the beginning, it was extremely intense training followed shortly by extreme jumps between my WISE work, other school work, and my part time job. These last few weeks have been no exception. I have been feeling extreme amounts of stress about all of my projects and papers. Very recently, one of my friends mentioned to me how eventually I am going to burn myself out and I have to say that he was right. Up until the start of this weekend, I lacked balance.

At the beginning of this weekend, I was able to just relax with my friends as I went out to dinner and saw a movie. Since then I have been spending a lot of time with my family. There were times when I had to work but the shifts were rather uneventful. Needless to say, this weekend has been exactly what I needed to balance all of the work I have been doing.

There is balance in the way a Seido karateka is supposed to train. Seido training is structured such that intense physical training is counterbalanced by periods of tranquil meditation. Diet is even mentioned in Kaicho's writings and how important it is to maintain a healthy one which is something that I have not considered for the duration of my project, but will after the school year is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment