Tuesday, May 7, 2013

General Project Reflection

For the past several months, I have been training heavily in Seido Karate. Despite my hard training, I have yet to see as many improvements as I had originally hoped for, which is something that I expected but still is upsetting. As a result of this, I have started to train even more intensely than before which will have to be enough for my final presentation in which I will be demonstrating what I have learned and how I practiced everything. I am going to heavily focus on knowing my kata, which will be one of the cornerstones in my presentation, as well as my knowledge of self-defense techniques.

Up to this point, my meditation which counterbalances hard training has been lacking. It is difficult for me to make the time to sit down and clear my mind when I have so much school work to do and finals approaching. I am going to start practicing meditation immediately before I go to bed which will hopefully help me prepare for the next day.

In addition, I am going to start doing a lot more research and start putting together a presentation that explains the general history of karate and then specifically in Seido Karate and Kyokushin Karate. I very recently read about the general origins of Karate and martial arts in general. Unfortunately as I do not have the book now, I am going to post about that later on the Research page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment