Wednesday, May 22, 2013

First WISE presentation

Today was the first WISE presentation of the year and was a mandatory meeting for all students  in the program. The auditorium was more filled than I expected it to be and immediately thought to myself that I would hate to be the one presenting because I am not particularly fond of public speaking. However, as soon as it started I noticed the confidence of the presenter and how he carried himself. He seemed almost unfazed by the fact that there were so many people watching him intently. Throughout the presentation he was calm, cool, and almost friendly which made the atmosphere feel very laid back which I thought made it go extremely smoothly.

The presentation was about learning how to play the harmonica. It was very interesting for me because I am very familiar with music and music theory and I found it interesting how he applied it throughout his project. At the start of his project he was not a music person, and by that I mean he had very little past experience playing any sort of music so he was forced to learn how to read music and the theory behind chords and key signatures and so on.

It made me think about how I need to approach my project for the last several weeks of my project. The biggest struggle for me for WISE was actually just writing blog posts. I had the research done and I enjoyed my hands on practice but found it extremely difficult to set aside time for it, especially after tests began. I have been practicing for my presentation also, though I still have to time everything out and practice just speaking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment