Saturday, May 18, 2013

Night Training

Today was the first day I trained outdoors at night. I did not know what to expect because I have never really spent that much time outside past dark save for the occasional bonfire that my family and I would have. Nevertheless, I was not disappointed. The atmosphere was so peaceful and tranquil. The only thing I heard was the wind in the trees and the occasional snapping of tree branches.

There were several things that I accomplished outdoors. The first and foremost was practicing my kata. After  the detailed update I posted in my Seido Research page, I have been eager to practice my kata which for me has been rather stagnant, meaning I have not seen or felt a significant improvement. There was one minor improvement I noticed though, and it was in the way I turned around. At the beginning of my training, it was difficult for me to consistently turn far enough for any kata, but now I am doing it with relative ease. One major difficulty I was not accustomed to was how uneven the ground was. I have always practiced my kata on a wooden or cement floor and took it for granted how level everything was which made it more difficulty.

The two other things I accomplished tonight were working my lower body and practicing my self-defense techniques. I went over all of my self-defense and as a result of both the kata and self-defense, I also got a very intense leg work out. On top of them, I also did a form of jumping squats which has made my legs so sore, it is kind of difficult to walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment