Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Karate Class and Training

After a long break, I went back to my Karate class. It was not really a voluntary break as I have been focusing on my studies. Throughout the entire class I was thinking about my technique. I was thinking about how easy it is to notice flaws in other people's form and that it is extremely difficult to notice flaws in one's own form. I tried to notice all the flaws in my form and I was surprised. I noticed certain things about how I kick and how I am better kicking with my right leg instead of my left. I need to work on both in addition to my balance. Overall, though, it felt really good to go back.

Following my class, I went home and trained for awhile. I practiced specifically actually striking an object, which was my heavy bag. I am pretty proficient at striking correctly, but there are times when I kick the bag incorrectly and it is painful. It is an immediate indicator of whether or not I am doing it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment