Sunday, February 24, 2013

Promotion Test

My promotion test went very well. I passed. The night before, I was studying and I was reading the first portion of one of One Day, One Lifetime: An Illustrated Guide to the Spirit, Practice, and Philosophy of Seido Karate Meditation. In the introduction, I found a section where it specifically mentions what to focus on while one trains which is just to focus on the training, not the results. It also mentions how karate training is similar to a "college course" in the way that you get from it what you put into it. I will have to start training a lot more seriously and focus solely on the training, which means I will have to set aside more time daily than I anticipated for this project.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Peter, Congratulations on your promotion test. When I read your post I was reminded of a blog that is written by an accomplished karateka who also studies many other Japanese arts. He comments from his extensive knowledge base on the theory, practice, and philosophy in the arts. I would like to encourage you to take a look: http://classicbudoka.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete