Thursday, February 14, 2013

Training: Day 2

Today, I felt very good about my training. I focused mainly on my techniques, katas or forms, and self defense combinations. I know my katas fairly well. There are some katas that I need to review and polish, especially the ones I most recently learned because I often confuse where to throw each technique. The footwork of each kata feels fine but I do need to work on moving between stances.

Here is what I did for today:

Stretched
Warmed-Up
Reviewed all of my katas
Reviewed all of my self defense combinations
Practiced my combinations on the syllabus for my Karate class
2/10 Inside Roundhouse Kick
2/10 Outside Roundhouse Kick
*2/10 Front Snap Kick
*2/10 Roundhouse Kick
1/10 Low Side Thrust Kick
1/10 High Side Thrust Kick
1/10 Knee Kick
1/10 Back Kick

*I only practiced throwing these kicks with the front leg of my stance, which is difficult for me because I have to kick faster to make up for the lack of power.

I also practiced striking my heavy bag with the following kicks:
1/10 Front Snap Kick (Front Leg only)
1/10 Roundhouse Kick (Front and Rear Leg)

Note: I practiced all of these kicks with both legs.

Also, I attended my Karate Class prior to working out and training at home, which does take a lot of energy and concentration. I enjoyed it and I plan to attend class again tomorrow. However, I will have to be careful as I felt a sharp pain in my left shoulder while performing hand techniques which is why today was mostly lower body techniques as to avoid injuring my shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment