Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Training: Day 1

Today was my first day of training. Not surprisingly, I found it difficult. I knew that I did not have a lot of endurance or stamina, but after my first "workout" I now finally know roughly how much I need to train in that area. I wanted to do more for my first day, but I felt that I needed to stop because I was out of breath and my chest was pounding.

Here is what I did in chronological order:

Stretch
Warm-Up: Jumping Rope
50 push ups
25 jumping squats
2 minutes at my heavy bag (mainly working on punching techniques)
50 sit ups
25 Right&Left (RL) floor sidekicks
50 berry pickers
50 push ups
5 RL inside&outside kicks
25 jumping squats
1 minute jumping rope
*50 push ups

*After this specific exercise is when I felt completely out of breath and energy

Note: I did this workout at the end of the day which, today, means that I already went to my Karate class. I am not going to use that as an excuse for why I felt out of energy.

Needless to say, I feel kind of disappointed with myself but I will use today as motivation to work harder tomorrow. I still have to decide how many days per week I want to train as well as how long I want each training session to last. I will probably base my workouts off of the P90X program. I have done a week of it before, and I definitely was sore because of it.

I will post videos explaining several of the exercises listed above that are not well known or that are based on my Karate training or other experiences.

Also, here is an incredible, motivational video of Kaicho Nakamura breaking a rock:

No comments:

Post a Comment